Dry needling is an effective http://move2more.com/ for the treatment of muscular pain by relaxing overactive muscles. The practice of ‘dry needling’ involves inserting an acupuncture needle into a trigger point and is typically used to treat the pain associated with injuries or muscular pain.
In comparison to acupuncture, dry needling is strictly based on Western medicine principles and research and it is increasingly used in the management of musculoskeletal and sports injuries.
Dry needling can be used for a variety of musculoskeletal problems. Such conditions include, but are not limited to:
• Headaches (migraines, tension-type headaches, jaw pain)
• Neck and back pain
• Shoulder pain (rotator cuff pathology)
• Arm pain (tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, golfer’s elbow)
• Buttock, groin, hip and leg pain (sciatica, hamstrings strains, calf tightness/spasms)
• Knee pain (osteoarthritis, patella tendon pathology)
Dry needling does not replace the usual physiotherapy techniques and procedures, it simply is another tool available to help reduce muscle tightness and pain symptoms.
For further information on Dry Needling or to book an appointment Contact Us.